“How to” stories about creating custom travel experiences and expanding airlines’ retailing reach were the most-read articles in the Amadeus North America blogosphere in 2019. Followers gave two thumbs up to stories offering advice on how to sell “bleisure” to young travelers, build a successful travel agency, improve retailing skills, and keep business travelers happy, healthy and safe while on the road.
Here are the five most popular stories of 2019:
1. The bucket list reinvented – 3 reasons young travelers are embracing “bleisure. For millennial travelers, corporate trips offer a great opportunity to extend a week of business into a weekend getaway. “Bleisure” experiences – combining business and leisure travel – is growing in popularity among Generation Y and Z travelers eager to get more bang for their buck by adding vacation experiences to their work trips.
2. Selling travel like the FAANGs – How can airlines become the next travel retailer giant? Joelle Cuvelier, Head of Airline Solutions, shared her vision for how airlines can provide ideal travel experiences like the FAANG providers (Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Google). “The key idea is to provide a seamless journey with touchpoints that are tailored to the customer’s precise needs, and executed smoothly, seamlessly, on time and as promised.” As their technology partner, airlines are looking to Amadeus not just to provide technology that supports better air travel – but also to deliver critical innovations that help them improve and enhance the overall customer experience.
3. “I’d like this – and this, and this, please” – How personalization can improve the airline industry. According to Amadeus Airlines Account Director Santiago Fernandez, personalization was one of the most talked-about topics in 2019 – and it’s not going away anytime soon! Airlines must intelligently price, position and promote their products and services so their offers target individual customer needs. For over 30 years, Amadeus has been helping airlines grow through the Amadeus Altéa suite of solutionsand other solutions designed to help the industry be more simple, agile and open. Thanks to today’s technology, personalization is no longer a dream; it’s possible and necessary to succeed.
4. Success starts with a plan – Meet Mira Borukhin, president and CEO of Downtown Travel. Mira opened her NYC operation in 1988, and today Downtown Travel has grown to become one of the largest air consolidators in the US. Quoting her favorite author, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Mira offers timely wisdom for the new decade: A goal without a plan is just a wish. “It’s very easy for us to rush into things and find out later that we weren’t fully prepared. Achievement requires careful planning and preparation.” Amadeus is proud to support Downtown Travel with leading solutions like Amadeus Web Services, Master Pricer Expert and Amadeus Ticket Changer.
5. Keeping travelers safe is a key leadership priority – 3 ways companies can support better business travel. Today’s travel managers play a key role in improving their business travelers’ well-being. They must continually find better ways to support travelers’ health, welfare and productivity through improved collaboration, better trip management tools, and disruption-busting solutions like Amadeus Ticket Changer Shopper. For a helpful guide to improve business traveler well-being, download the new Amadeus whitepaper.
Clear vision for 2020
A new decade means new beginnings and evolution. At Amadeus, we can only imagine the innovations that will emerge as travel providers embrace the business-transforming power of leading travel technology solutions like ours. At Amadeus, our vision for 2020 is crystal clear: to provide the right technology solutions that help our customers not just grow – but thrive.
What business-transforming innovations are on the horizon in the coming decade?